May 5, 2012 Posted by: Britty Wagner
B2B Lead Generation Tips Part 10: Blogging
Blogging is another B2B lead generation tactic to reach and inform your audience of company updates, product specifications, usage and how-to information. Regular posting of content builds trust within your growing audience.
Blogs should be maintained with a minimum of one blog post a week to allow a steady stream of content which builds confidence as to your contents stability and reliability among your readers. Another great benefit to blogging is that it creates organic search results within search engines…free advertising.
Top Blogging Tips for Building your Readership;
- Create a catchy title that displays benefits to your readers and include at least one keyword
- Offer helpful information based on your target audiences needs and wants. Such as: newest products offered, updates or changes to product or services, statistics, how to information, tips, customer testimonials, etc.
- Write as a 1st or 2nd person. When creating blog posts write in a ‘person to person’ tone to appeal to your audience. Feel free to add a spice of personality this will assist in appealing to your readers.
- Make it easy to scan. Many readers scan articles prior to reading to see if there is any benefit to reading completely. Make it scannable by creating bullet points and bolding subheadings that your reader may find of value.
- Incorporate a Call to Action. This call to action may instruct them to subscribe to your newsletter or newsfeed, leave a comment, visit a website, connect on social networks, download a white paper, sign up for a webinar, sign up for 90 leads in 90 days trial or any number of actions.
- Add Pictures or Graphics.
- Don’t forget the Keywords! Be sure to utilize three related keywords five times each per blog post to increase SEO results.
Avoid the Following Blogging Mistake;
- Do not be a salesman. If you are creating a blog post for a new product or updated features focus on those points and how it may help your readers to overcome a challenge they are facing. A blog post is not a brochure so avoid turning it into one.
- Do not delete negative comments. Approach each comment in a professional manner and try to assist them with a resolution. This builds your audiences’ confidence in you, your company and your brand. Think of it as customer service, do your best to please them by resolving the issue.
Additional B2B Lead Generation Tips for Further Reach and Exposure;
Blogging may become overwhelming when trying to execute 2-3 blog posts a week. The best tip I can offer is to start slow, become familiar and comfortable with blogging by creating a list of blog topics. As the topics come to mind add them to the list. Creating a series similar to this one is a great starting point which you may decide to initiate from this point forward. Creating a series enables you to plan ahead with subcategories to cover without having to brainstorm over a new topic each week or every other day.
Good luck and please stay tuned for the next installment of this B2B Lead Generation Tips series: Social Networks
posted in: Lead Generation